Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Bay Area Beckons

And now I am off for an extended weekend with Peter and the San Francisco environs.

Peter seems to have issues with car rental firms, which I don't. For this trip, for instance, I rented a PT Cruiser from Ace at $10.95 a day. When I went in to pick it up, they offered me a 2006 Toyota Sienna Family Van for $5 a day additional, claiming that, despite its size, I will get about 50% better gas mileage. It handles beautifully and I drove it home feeling like I owned the road. I don't know if I can give it back.

3 Comments:

At February 04, 2006 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you get back, please let me know if you did in fact get the better mileage, and what the mpg was..
Martha...

 
At February 07, 2006 1:42 PM, Blogger BJMe said...

The MPG did not live up to the rental agent's promise. I wasn't able to get a fully accurate reading, but it did obviously not exceed the low 20s. Much better than my Trooper, of course, but that's another story.

 
At February 08, 2006 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you..
Not one for me then..
Martha...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

it's private
powered by
ChangeDetection