Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Toilet Paper

Now I've been around for a long time. And one thing that has always been both necessary and consistent has been the upbiquitous roll of toilet paper. One size fit all. Until recently.

I don't know just when it first showed up, but toilet paper rolls are now about 50% fatter than they used to be. They even come with special adapters in order to convert the familiar wall mounted bracket with some additional play to handle the wider jumbo rolls.

It must be more convenient to have more squares per roll than before. But I can only conclude that this means that Americans are more full of shit than we used to be. And I have to wonder if it is only a coincidence that this occurs during the current Bush administration and the Republican majority in Congress.

These are the kinds of questions that challenge my soul as I sit there with the Times crossword puzzle vying for my attention. (in ink, of course)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

it's private
powered by
ChangeDetection