Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Tree People

My good friend and perpetual social activist Peter Rashkin, directed my attention a few days ago to a certain "save the urban farm" escapade underway in riot-recovering South Central Los Angeles. He provided a link to their web site and I must say I was impressed. Not by their problem, but by their web site. Really professional.

The top order of business that day was a celebrity led inter-faith prayer vigil. Now I like celebrities as much as the next fan, but as a known atheist, I felt my stature would be compromised if I mingled with non-atheists, no matter how virtuous their cause might be.

As today's news articles state it, their cause was lost, but I have to wonder what might have been if only the Reverends Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton had lent their spiritual celebrity to the occasion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

it's private
powered by
ChangeDetection