Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Internet Road Maps

By which I mean road travel maps on the Internet, not surf maps of the Internet.

My new favorite is Yahoo Maps, beta version. Aside from some useful peripheral features, the best is the ability to list a multiple sequence of stops in planning a travel route.

And while this is a valuable asset, lacking in the other free web-based map programs, in planning an extensive trip, I find it more frequently useful in routing my errands in the L.A. area. It helps me achieve more efficiency in time and fuel to plan a route that might run to 40 or 50 miles in buying booze, electronics, wholesale coffee, ribs-to-go, meeting for lunch, Krispy Kremes and espresso.

It serves a good purpose, and it is sorta fun to experiment with alternate routings.

When the www is good, it is very very good. When it is bad it is a damnable stain of perdition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

it's private
powered by
ChangeDetection