Sunday, November 20, 2005

Ban on Torture

The U.S. Senate wants to pass a bill banning the torture of prisoners under American authority and President Bush states he will veto any bill containing such a ban. Finally, W and B.J. agree on something. But the torture should suit the situation and the prisoner.

Judith Miller, for instance, should be stapped into a chair, her eyelids taped open and forced to ready every editorial in The New York Times until she reveals the source of her botched face lift.

George Bush should be forced to stop breathing in Karl Rove's ear while blowing smoke up America's ass until the smirks are wiped off their smug faces.



1 Comments:

At December 25, 2005 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey B. J.,

It's Fritz Frauchiger here, out in Palm Springs. How are you?

Chrissy sends me litle gems from your blog now and then. I check out your blogspot on my own too. You cover lot's of interesting topics from which I glean bits and pieces on diverse topics.

I am writing to you to comment on your response to T. C. Boyle's piece in the New Yorker. I am a big Boyle fan and have been for about a decade. Someone turned me on to a novel he wrote titled, "Water Music". It was one of the most outrageously enjoyable reads I ever had. I've been hooked ever since.

He is a So. Cal. character with a bunch of kids and teaches a writing class at USC. He is profiled in the local press once in a while. The good news is that he has quite a few books and short stories available.

I hope the Merholz clan is doing well. Chris and Max keep me informed to some degree, but I'm like and old bull, cut from the herd and don't get all the real skinny.

Keep up the blog, I really enjoy the rants and totally unbiased op pieces.

Say hi to Julie for me and
have a Merry Christmas and a healthy New year.

Fritz
fritzarnold@earthlink.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

it's private
powered by
ChangeDetection