Sunday, November 18, 2007

Posterity

Julie just mentioned that I haven't posted anything in this space for the past month. It isn't for lack of thinking about it. I have had a lot on my mind, but nothing I felt much like sharing.

I read some this past month. And screened bunch of movies and videos, but so what. Sometimes I can swear the world couldn't survive without my cogent wit and wisdom. Other times I could swear I must be nuts.

One thing I can share is the passing of Julie's sister, Jinny. I wrote about my last visit with her just about one year ago in Senior Slippage.

It was obvious that she was not long for this world, her mind had already started its departure. But most of her survivors had not realized that before her thoughts had begun their slow slide to oblivion, she and Postie had the wits and the caring to establish a family trust that has provided a generous windfall this month to the benefit of Jinny's surviving siblings and their children.

Jinny and Postie were not wealthy, just well-off. I find it amazing how easy it comes to be for some people in America to live comfortable and prosperous lives, while many others strive and struggle just to get by. Is there some reason for this disparity? Or is it just STEAMBATH?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

it's private
powered by
ChangeDetection