Saturday, September 08, 2007

Dog Sense

Charlie started off the day in a typical manner. Then I went to Fox Rent a Car to prepare for tomorrow's run up to San Francisco. When I returned with the minivan, his behavior turned unusual. I won't go into all the specifics, but he basically planted himself into or under my vehicles, making no moves to follow his usual activities. Eventually, he disappeared from the house and visible yard. After much looking and calling his name to no effect, Julie found him secreted in some bushes.

He is now in the house, under the bed in the room where I play on this computer. We think, Julie and I, that his behavior with the vehicles, bushes, etc., is due to an apperception that I am leaving him. Since we adopted him from the L.A. Shelter as a stray, is it possible he feels a sense of abandonment, possibly again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

it's private
powered by
ChangeDetection