Thursday, August 25, 2005

Mid summer madness


Julie and I leave tomorrow on a brief excursion to a remote region of the East Bay in order to witness the joining of Trav and Jenny in ecological wedlock. As this photo attests, they have already found happiness together so now they must be looking for something else. We wish them all the best.

I made hotel and car reservations online and early enough to get pretty good rates. I just printed out my confirmations and my Microsoft Streets & Trips map and directions, routing us from inner urban San Francisco to wooded hinterlands somewhere near a Berkeley and Oakland border. How did I ever travel pre-Internet?

2 Comments:

At August 26, 2005 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Differently, yes... But not exactly covered wagon, or stagecoach.. Imagine how it'll be 50 years from now...

 
At August 30, 2005 1:28 PM, Blogger BJMe said...

Did anyone imagine the Internet 50 years ago? So don't expect me to imagine 50 years ahead. It's enough for me I should live through it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

it's private
powered by
ChangeDetection