Sunday, January 11, 2009

Nix on Frost

The only real issue put forth in Frost/Nixon is whether David Frost will make lots of money or go broke in the engineering of his Nixon post-Watergate, post resignation TV interview. In this regard, the suspense was easily bearable. Otherwise, the script is presumptuous and so theatrically fatuous that I felt little, maybe no credibility in the behind-the-scenes machinations of the Frost and Nixon camps. Likewise, the acting and direction are almost uniformly self-reflective and smugly self-congratulatory. Kevin Bacon, alone, as Nixon's primary adjutant, presents a character who seems to be about his business and not about displaying his artitudes and versatility to the camera.

I have put the recording of the original Frost Nixon Watergate interviews on my NetFlix queue so I'll let you know my further thoughts after that screening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

it's private
powered by
ChangeDetection