Monday, January 29, 2007

Flying high - and low

I just made an amazing flight up I-5 from my house in Westchester to Peter's house in Berkeley at the controls of my Googled mouse. Google earth was interesting, but now, with 3-D and zoom and directional controls, it is fascinating. While traveling, I could ascend for a high overview and dive to buzz the big trucks and cars crawling below. After cruising over the Harris Ranch compound, I swooped down to check out the feed lot and all that good beef on the hoof. It was all there but the stink.

The clarity of the terrain and structures enabled me to revisit several of my favorite places along the way. And one of the most intriguing tools allowed me to revolve 360ยบ at virtual ground level at any point.

Check it out and have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

it's private
powered by
ChangeDetection